Tonight was a perfect night turned near-disastrous and then finally back to normal.
Yes. Zoya gulped down yummy spicy red chilly flakes in some random supposed-to-be-a-honey-base kind of a sauce. The Indian Chinese variety. So.
I was at the table waiting for the ice cream and in conversation with my host. Zoya was standing on chair, in front of me. Next thing, I hear Singh say “Watch out!! What is she eating?”
I casually leaned over her shoulder to see this cute little shot glass type tumbler in her mouth.
It was the “yummy spicy red chilly flakes in some random supposed-to-be-a-honey-base kind of a sauce. The Indian Chinese variety” in that cute glass. It was in her mouth.
I yanked it out. It spread over her cheek, missing her eye.
And then her face turned red.
And she started to howl.
Her nose started running.
My heart skipped a million beats.
We did this:
– Washed her face and hands with soap
– Gave her small spoons of sugar. She refused to eat, but we kept putting small amounts in her mouth
– Gave her water from a spoon
– Made her suck an ice cube
– What worked wonders and had an immediate effect was the orange ice lolly. She sucked on it with vengeance and it really calmed her mouth, nose, eyes, and probably brain.
Her upper lip is still a little red.. But she was back to normal within seconds of sucking that ice lolly.
I had to share this one.
If you know of any tried and tested home remedies for a situation like this, so let me know.