– 1 cup flour (I think I’d put in half wheat flour and half baking flour)
– 1 cup dry infant rice cereal
– 1 ripe medium mashed banana (1/3 cup-I have also substituted pureed carrots and sweet potato)
– 2 tsp cinnamon
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 3 tablespoons water
Makes about a dozen, depending on how big of shapes you use.
– Preheat the oven to 425ºF / 220ºC.
– In a bowl, mix together flour, cereal and cinnamon.
– Add in oil, banana and water. Mix until dough comes together to form a firm, non-sticky dough.
– Add water or flour (1 tablespoon at a time) if necessary.
– On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out about 1/2 inch thick and cut into shapes or bars.
– Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly brown.
– Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container.
The original writer says “No, really, they aren’t the best tasting cookie, rather bland I think. But both my kids love them!!”
For me, as long as the microwave stays out of Zoya’s mouth!