The previous post was a prelude to this one.
One dessert I make really well and am very proud of.
And Singh loves it. He was introduced to it just after we got married and he now craves for it.
Banofee = Banana, Toffee, Coffee.– 1 to 2 packets of biscuits: Its for the base, so use anything you fancy – glucose, digestive, crackers, chocolate! – 1/2 cup unsalted butter – 1 can of Milkmaid Caramel – 2 Bananas – 1 large cup cream – 1 tsp coffee powder
– Take a bowl and crush the biscuits in it. Add butter and mix it with the crumbs to combine.
– Press the mixture into the base of the bowl.
– You MAY bake it for 10 minutes, until lightly toasted. I don’t. Instead, I keep this base in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
– Now spread the Milkmaid Caramel over the biscuit base and chill it for another 30 to 45 minutes.
– Cut the bananas in thin slices and arrange them over the caramel.
– Whip the cream and coffee powder together to form soft peaks and then spread it over the bananas. I don’t add sugar to the cream, some people do. The caramel is so sweet and distinct that I hate to mess with it.
– You may grate some chocolate over the cream. I don’t.
– Let this chill for 30 to 45 minutes before serving.
Heaven on Earth.