All new mothers will know what I am taking about! It can be such a bloody nightmare. Especially in the first few months. There is the yummy Woodward’s Gripe Water available, as are many other liquids. But we choose to stick to what my mother told me.
It really works.
– If your baby is also on top feed, add 20 – 30 seeds of fennel (saunf) and half a split green cardamom to it feed water when you are boiling it. Add it just as the water begins to boil.
– Breast feeding mothers should chew on a teaspoon of fennel (saunf) or carom (ajwain) 10 minutes before each feed.
– If your baby suffers from a lot of colic, then heat 1 tablespoon of water and dissolve a pinch of asafoetida (hing) in it. Let it cool a little and then apply this mix around the baby’s navel. NOT on the navel.
– Hold the baby’s tummy down in warm water in a tub for a few minutes while bathing, or tie a warm towel around the waist.
– Massage the belly in a circular motion with some warm oil.
Do you know any more tried and tested home remedies for baby flatulence? Send them in…