Singh likes biscuits with his morning tea. Am not a biscuity person, but I could gobble packs of Pure Magic Chocolate till my teeth fall out. So shopping entails buying biscuits, tonnes of them.. Not only do they cost a bomb, but there is a truckload of artificial stuff in them that makes them so perfectly tasty!
So I have started making biscuits at home. From wheat. Healthy stuff.
I tried the eggless variety too, but honestly, they suck big time. Feels like chewing on rotis!!
So here we go on the egg version (We still do not have a camera):
INGREDIENTS:– 1 cup wheat flour (atta) – 1/2 teaspoon baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon salt – 1 egg – 1/2 sugar (Ideally brown sugar) – 1/2 cup butter (I use the white unsalted homemade one) – 1 teaspoon vanilla
You may choose from any of the following or make your own:– 2 tsp ground cinnamon (dalchini) – 1 tsp carrom seeds (ajwain) – 1 tsp nutmeg (jaiphal) – 1/2 cup chocolate chips – 1/4 cup rum (if the dough is too watery, add more wheat flour)
– Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
– Mix together the dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, and salt
– In a large bowl cream butter using an electric mixer / beater
– Add the sugar, vanilla and egg and beat it till the sugar looks dissolved
– Then add a a large spoonful of flour mixture one at a time to the butter mixture
– Beat this till it forms a soft dough
– In the end, add the flavouring of your choice
– Keep the dough in the fridge for 15 minutes
– Put spoonfuls of batter on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. You may make balls or any shapes that you like too!